Monday 8 December 2014

1920's look

Good evening!

This weekend me and Martin was invited to a party with a 1920's theme. A theme I liked since it meant all in on make up. I spent quite a lot of Unfortunately we were working under real time pressure since both of us were working all night, so pictures of the whole outfit and a pictured walk through on the make up fell out of the schedule. You will be able to follow my thoughts in text though.

The 1920's were much about a light colored skin tone, so I went through my make up collection to find the lightest of my foundations. The choice fell on my Matte/FX foundation from Beauty UK in color 01 Ivory. A light coverage was all I needed to my pale winter skin for this look. A bit of Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer in 01 Fair was used to brighten up under the eyes. I'm a big fan of bronzer but that was left out this time and I only used a little bit of blush on the apples of my cheek. I picked 2true No.1, which is probably my most used shade.

The eyes got a lot of attention. Starting with the brow, I used my Kohl Pencil from Kicks (Single Espresso) and More Brows from Model Co (Medium/Dark) to shape and draw the eyebrows downwards. With eyeshadows from MUA - Undressed I created a really smokey eye. I used Rose Ash as a base, and Cool Grey and Fuel for the smokiness. Fuel is the darker color of the two, and that's the one I used for the inner corners and faded out to Cool Grey in the outer corners. The other way around from how most people wear their make up now. To frame the eyes I used a black inliner from Färg and a felt liner from P.S.Love (Primark). With the felt liner I created a wing as well. For the upper lashes I used Diorshow mascara and for the lower lashes I chose False Lash Architect from L'oréal Paris. I find the L'oreal mascara perfect for the lower lashes since the brush is thin and the color is quite dry, which makes it easy to catch the small lashes without painting everything else around the eye black.

The lipstick was deep red applied with a fair Cupids's bow on the upper lip. I used my YSL lipstick in 204 and a small lip pencil for application.

I was very happy with the look, and I got so much nice response from people at the party. Will definitely go for this look again if I get an opportunity to, or just for fun! It's really not something I would go for for every day use.

What do you think of the look?


I made the picture black and white to catch the 1920's feeling, but if you click it you'll see it in the original colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment